To understand the differences between client classifications, please see LMAX Global – Treatment of Professional and Retail Clients.
As a Professional client, a minimum of two criteria that support your Professional classification:
- I have carried out transactions, in significant size, on the relevant market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters
- the size of my financial instrument portfolio, defined as including cash deposits and financial instruments, exceeds EUR 500,000
- I work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged
As a Retail client, you are eligible to apply for an account with LMAX Global or LMAX New Zealand.
- Retail clients with LMAX Global will receive the highest level of investor protection afforded by the Financial Conduct Authority. These include the new leverage restrictions imposed by ESMA.
- Clients of LMAX New Zealand are able to trade with flexible leverage. While LMAX New Zealand is part of the LMAX Exchange Group, its clients do not receive the same regulatory investor protection as clients of LMAX Global.